NHSC coaches are committed to excellence at all levels; inspiring, guiding and encouraging athletes to reach their full potential in a safe and positive training environment.
PreCanSkate, CanSkate, Intro, Junior & Senior
PreCanSkate, CanSkate, Intro & Junior
PreCanSkate & CanSkate
Our coaches are members of our National Sport Organization, Skate Canada and are trained through the Coaching Association of Canada's flagship National Coach Certification Program (NCCP). Aligned with Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) model, our coaches receive professional and sport specific training to deliver appropriate level programming for their athletes.
Our coaches must fulfill the following requirements to be considered "in good-standing" and therefore eligible to coach in a Skate Canada Club:
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid background screening
- Completion of the "Respect in Sport" Activity Leader training (new this season!)
- Compliance with the "Maintenance of Certification" program which mandates and promotes on-going learning and development
- Compliance with the Skate Canada Code of Conduct